No one looks forward to the bills come summer time when we’re using our air conditioners night and day! And what about when you go to turn on the air conditioning for respite just to discover it isn’t working? Well here’s some good news for you. There are things you can do to maximize your energy efficiency and comfort level throughout the extreme temperatures to avoid AC problems in the middle of summer and decrease huge energy bills. Look into these tips if you are interested in saving yourself money and hassle this summer:
- Repair your ductwork – Any damage found in your ductwork is most likely causing conditioned air to leak. Also consider insulating your ducts, as this will keep warm air from seeping out during the winter months.
- Install a programmable thermostat – Why cool your home when no one’s home? This wastes energy and money. Investing in a programmable thermostat allows you to set the thermostat to automatically turn on and off, and will make a huge difference on heating and cooling bills.
- Radiant heat barriers – Have a radiant heat barrier, which is thin layer of metal insulation, installed in your attic in order to reduce the amount of heat transferred here from your home by almost 95 percent.
- Install ceiling fans – During the summer, ceiling fans make you feel cooler, allowing you to keep your thermostat a few degrees higher. Using ceiling fans throughout the year will save energy and energy costs.
- Annual service appointment – This will ensure your system operates more efficiently, keeping you comfy year round and help you save money on your monthly utility bills. You can have greater peace of mind that you have a safer, more reliable system and parts will stay in better working order, lessening wear and tear.
Who doesn’t want to maximize their energy savings and comfort level? For over 20 years, Wolff Mechanical has been serving the valley of the sun to make you comfortable and save money in your energy use. Our goal is to help educate our customers, offer the best technology, quality products, world-class customer service and warranties.
For more information about an annual service call and ways we can help you be more energy efficient, please contact us at (602) 814-0004 or visit our website. http://www.wolffmechanical.com/
(Image source: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=spring+cleaning+image&id=800CEFB8E127B71A601C370CA29E6A6558AF15F4&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=90EA4F76AEEFCFD373A79F3E7E5E9431976A7D11&selectedIndex=11